My software can't find my dongle
Turning off a USB port's power save option on Windows XP Pro
If you've ever run into the problem where you have a software application that
can't find the security dongle even though it's been plugged in for hours or even days, it could be that Microsoft Windows
put the USB port to sleep. This might be your solution to fixing this issue.
- In Windows, click on Start > Control Panel (or Start > Settings > Control Panel).
- Double-click on System, then open the Hardware tab.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click the + at Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Right-click USB Root Hub and select Properties.
- Open the Power Management tab.
- Clear the checkmark from Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click OK.
- Repeat this procedure for the USB 2.0 Hub.